1. Do you like your name?
2. Does your name have any special meaning?
3. What kinds of names are popular in China?
4. Are there many Chinese people who have the same name as you?
5. Is there any tradition about naming babies?
Work or study
1. Why did you choose to study that subject?
2. Is it interesting?
3. What subjects are you studying?
4. Do you prefer to study in the mornings or in the afternoons?
5. Are you looking forward to working?
6. Do you like your subject?
7. What work do you do?
8. Why did you choose to do that type of work?
9. Do you miss being a student?
10. Do you like your job?
Home (Your Accommodation)
1. Can you describe the place where you live?
2. How long have you lived there?
3. Who do you live with?
4. Do you plan to live there for a long time?
5. What is the difference between where you are living now and where you have lived in the past?
6. Do you prefer living in a house or a flat?
7. In the future, what type of place would you like to live in?
8. What kind of neighborhood/environment/surroundings/home would you like to live in?
9. What do you usually do in your house/ flat/room?
10. Which room does your family spend most of the time in?
11. What part of your home do you like the most?
12. Are the transport facilities to your home very good?
1. What's (the name of) your hometown (again)?
2. Is that a big city or a small place?
3. Please describe your hometown a little.
4. How long have you lived there?
5. Do you like it?
6. Do you like living there?
7. What do you like (most) about your hometown?
8. Is there anything you dislike about it?
9. Do you think you will continue living there for a long time?
10. Do you plan to continue living there?
11. Where would you like to live?
1. What kinds of apps do you often use?
2. What kinds of apps would you like to have in the future?
3. What's the most popular app in your country?
4. What was the first app you used?
5. Do old people in your country like to use apps?
1. Why did you choose that form of transport?
2. What form of transport do you usually use?
3. What vehicles (or, what means of transport) do people in China most often choose to use?
4. What will become the most popular means of transportation in China?
5. What do you think of the transport situation in your hometown?
6. Would you say transport costs are high in your hometown?
7. How has the transport system in your hometown changed in the past few decades?
1. Are there many advertisements in your country?
2. Why do you think there are so many advertisements now?
3. How do you feel about advertisements?
4. Do you like advertisements?
5. What kind of advertisement do you like the most?
6. Do advertisements (ever) influence your choice about what to buy?
7. Where can we see advertisements?
8. What are the various places where we see advertisements?
9. Do you prefer advertisements on TV or those in magazines?
10. What do you think is the purpose of advertisements)?
11. What do you think about the developments in advertising in China today?
1. Why do some people keep pets at home?
2. What kinds of animals do you like?
3. Have you ever had a pet before?
4. Do you like to see animals in the zoo?
5. What is the most popular animal in China?
1. How many hours are you asleep for every day?
2. Is it necessary to take a nap every day?
3. Do old people sleep a lot? Why?
4. What time do you usually go to bed?
5. Do you always have a good sleep?
Daily Routine (新题)
1. What part of your day do you like best?
2. What's your daily routine?
3. What is the busiest part of the day for you?
4. What's the difference of routine between you and your teenager's times?
1. What's your attitude toward jewelry?
2. What's kind of jewelry you like to buy?
3. Why so many people choose to buy expensive jewelry to maintain value?
4. How often do you wear jewelry?
1. How often do you use your dictionary?
2. Do you like paper dictionary or electronic dictionary?
3. What kinds of dictionaries have you used before?
4. How will dictionaries change in the future?
1. How often do you buy others gifts?
2. Do you like to send expensive gifts?
3. What kinds of gifts are popular in your country?
4. Why do people send gifts?
1. Do you like swimming?
2. Is it difficult to learn how to swim?
3. Where do Chinese like to go swimming?
4. What's the difference between swimming in the pool and swimming in the sea?
1. Do you often read newspapers?
2. Are you very interested in the news?
3. Why do you want to know the latest news?
4. How important is it to you to get the news every day?
5. What sort of news are you most interested in?
6. Which do you prefer reading, magazines or newspapers?
7. What kinds of (types of) newspapers (or magazines) do you usually read?
8. How old were you when you first started to read newspapers?
9. Do you think it's important to read newspapers? (Why? / Why not?)
10. Why do (you think) people read newspapers?
11. What different types of newspaper are there in China?
12. Do you care about the news? Handwriting
1. Do you usually write by hand or write using a computer (typewriter or word-processor)?
2. Nowadays, how do most people write things?
3. Do you think computers might one day replace handwriting?
4. When do children begin to write in your country?
5. How did you learn to write?
6. Do you think handwriting is very important (nowadays)?
7. How can children today improve (or, practice) their handwriting?
8. What impression does a person's handwriting have on other people?
1. What do you do in your spare time?
2. Do you like outdoor activities?
3. What outdoor activities do you (most) like to do?
4. How often do you do that?
5. What outdoor sports do you like? (Why?)
6. How much time do you spend outdoors every week?
7. How often do you do outdoor activities?
1. When do you listen to music?
2. How much time do you spend listening to music every day?
3. What kinds of music do you like to listen to?
4. What's your favorite kind of music?
5. Have you ever been to a concert before?
1. Are there any TV channels in your country that don’t have adverts?
2. Do you enjoy watching adverts on TV?
3. What are the best ways for ordinary people to advertise something they want to sell in your country?
4. What is it that makes an advert effective?
5. What are the advantages to companies of advertising on the Internet rather than TV?
6. What things do advertising companies do that might give it a bad name?
7. Are advertisements important?
8. Do you watch advertisements on television or on internet?
9. Are there many advertisements in your country?
10. Why do you think there are so many advertisements now?
11. Where are the places we see advertisements?
12. How do you feel about advertisements?
13. What kind of advertisements do you like the most?
14. What type of advertisements do you prefer to use for getting information?
15. Do advertisements influence your choice of product?
16. Have you ever bought anything after seeing its advertisements?
17. What are the differences in advertisements on television and those in magazines?
18. What do you think is the purpose of advertisements?
19. Do you think advertising plays an important role in today’s world?
20. What sort of advertisements have a deeper impact on people?
21. Did you see any recent ad which had a deep impact on you?
1. Does it rain much in China? (Where? When?)
2. Is there any part of China where it doesn't rain much?
3. When (in what month/season) does it rain most in your hometown?
4. In which season does it rain most in other parts of China?
5. Can you remember any time when it rained particularly heavily in your hometown?
1. How often do you use computer?
2. What kinds of computers are popular in China?
3. What do you usually use your computer for?
4. Who taught you how to use a computer?
5. Do you think computers have changed your life a lot?
1. When do you have meals?
2. Who do you often have meals with?
3. Do you often eat out?
4. Do you like to eat at home or outside?
5. What's your favorite restaurant?
1. Have you ever travelled by boat?
2. Do you like boats?
3. Would you like to have your own boat?
4. Is boat trip popular in your country?
1. Do you like to spend time with teenagers?
2. Do you know anything about the kind of fashion that teenagers like?
3. What are the best things of being a teenager?
4. How do teenagers entertain themselves?
1. Do you like your high school?
2. Which subject you like most? and dislike?
3. Do you still contact with your friends in high school?
4. What is your high school like?
5. What happened on your first day of high school?
1. Are public gardens very important in China?
2. Are there many public gardens in China?
3. Do you think there are enough public gardens in your hometown?
4. What do you think are the benefits of having gardens in the city?
5. Why do people who live in cities like public gardens?
1. Do you remember your friends in primary school? why?
2. What do you do with friends?
3. How do you make friends?
4. Do you have many friends?
5. Do you like chatting with friends online?
1. How often do you meet with your family?
2. How do you spend the time with your family? Do you want to live with your family
3. in the future?
4. Are you close to all of your family members?
5. How has your family influenced you?