If you are 35 years old without marriage, do you still waiting for your true love? Why?
I would say it might be the case since I’d prefer to stay single rather than end up with the wrong person. It is not a surprise, I believe, because there are plenty of people who still enjoy their every moment without a life partner. On the one hand, the number of divorces or unhappy marriages have been increasing tremendously over the years and its consequences are upsetting such as dysfunctional family, domestic violence, child neglect and the list could go on. On the other hand, people can find happiness in different places and activities without committing their life to one particular person, especially those who aren’t worth it. Therefore, I wouldn’t settle for anything less than what I deserve.
- end up with (idiom): to finish with the possession of someone or something or in the company of someone or something
- dysfunctional (a): not working normally or properly, 可以替换为problematic
- domestic violence (n): family violence
- child neglect (n): 儿童照管不当 a form of child abuse, and is a deficit in meeting a child’s basic needs, including the failure to provide adequate health care, supervision, clothing, nutrition, housing as well as their physical, emotional, social, educational and safety needs
- settle for anything less than : commit to a person just because you feel like you can’t do any better. 这里意思为：降低自己的期望值去迁就谁。